STEAM AHEAD™ at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies
In keeping with our mission of being The First Step to Higher Education® and our all-important role of fostering 21st century learners, Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies is proud to introduce STEAM AHEAD. Armed with the knowledge that the fields of science, technology and engineering are expected to grow by leaps and bounds over the course of the coming years, we have developed an exciting new supplementary curriculum. STEAM AHEAD combines elements of science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics to expand the way our students not only learn, but also how they think about the world around them. When used in conjunction with a strong foundation from Kids ‘R’ Kids proprietary First Class Curriculum® and the brain development power of our exclusive Brain Waves™ curriculum, there are no limits to the possibilities our students’ futures might hold.
Imagine a little girl who not only dreams of being a princess, but also wants to devise the design of her castle. Or a little boy who hopes to become a race car driver on a futuristic race track of his own imagining. Children will always have dreams and imaginations, and programs like STEAM AHEAD tap into those amazing little minds of theirs to make the regular use of science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics seem virtually secondary nature. STEAM AHEAD is another powerful example of how Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies prepare our students for Kindergarten… and beyond.
What is STEAM AHEAD?
- Kids ‘R’ Kids STEAM AHEAD is an integrated project-based curriculum incorporating more science, technology, engineering, art, and math into students’ everyday learning through play.
- Written for preschool students ages three to five, STEAM AHEAD is designed to be used as a supplement to the Kids ‘R’ Kids core curriculum.
- STEAM AHEAD provides students with opportunities to be innovative, creative, and inventive as they build strong foundations in five core areas of their education.
- STEAM AHEAD activities and projects are hands-on and bring together many facets of what students find interesting in a way that packs educational “AH HA” moments.
Why STEAM AHEAD?
- Much the way Kids ‘R’ Kids station activities act as platforms for hands-on exploration opportunities, Kids ‘R’ Kids STEAM AHEAD allows students to learn by doing while developing problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Unlike academic learning of memorization with no logical or practical application, Kids ‘R’ Kids STEAM AHEAD projects encourage students to be natural scientists using reasoning, hypothesizing, predicting, and theorizing during the natural trial and error of play.
- STEAM AHEAD activities enrich students everyday learning, support academic growth, and help inspire them to become lifelong learners.
The Teacher’s Role as Facilitator:
- Teachers create high quality learning environments that provide students with opportunities to observe, question, investigate, predict, experiment, build, and share what they learn.
- Students and teachers explore STEAM AHEAD projects together. To tap into each student natural interests while facilitating learning, project materials are placed in learning stations for independent and small group exploration.
- Teachers serve as guides while students participate in STEAM AHEAD projects, making observations of each student's development, and interests all along the way.
- In an effort to develop students as students engage in STEAM AHEAD projects teachers encourage them to ask, Why?
- Teachers may choose a combination of some or all of the STEAM AHEAD projects to present depending upon their students levels of ability, interest, and development.
Call us today or drop in for a tour to learn more about STEAM AHEAD Curriculum and the other advantages of Kids 'R' Kids!